Know Your Rights - Poster Contest
23 September 2021
The main goal of this contest is to raise public awareness about the human rights and inspire people to learn about, reflect and express what human rights in general and UDHR in particular means to them.
United Nations Office of the Hight Commissioner for Human Rights (UN OHCHR) in the South Caucasus calls for designers (professionals and beginners) to participate in the open contest of posters on the subject of Know Your Rights.
By participating in the contest – you can get participate in the OHCHR information campaign and contribute to the process of raising public awareness about human rights in Georgia.
The main goal of this contest is:
- to raise public awareness about the human rights (United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights and its 30 Articles);
- to inspire people (participants) to learn about, reflect and express what human rights in general and UDHR in particular means to them.
Who can participate?
- Any interested designer, beginner and/or professional;
- Participants are not restricted based on age or residence.
How to participate?
- Participants must design/send an inspiring/informational poster that explicitly relates to any of the UDHR Articles;
- Relation to the UDHR Articles should be self-explanatory and must include clear/interesting visualizations related to the selected theme/UDHR Article;
- Poster must not contain offensive or violent elements;
- Posters must be submitted individually;
- All posters should be the original work of the applicant;
- It is possible to send more than one poster, regardless of category. However, each work must deal with only one Article of the UDHR. Work that deals with two or more Articles will not be accepted;
- In case of plagiarism, the organizer reserves the right to remove the participant from the competition.
By sending your works to this competition, you agree that:
- You own copyright on the submitted poster, it is created by you;
- You give UN OHCHR the right to use your work according to its views (e.g. on the website, in publications, exhibitions, etc) by indicating the author.
Evaluation Process and Prizes
The jury members representing the UN OHCHR in the South Caucasus will review submitted applications/posters and reveal the winners of the contest.
Posters will be judged on creativity, originality, appropriateness and relationship to the theme of the UDHR Article. Submitted poster should be easily understandable to a wide audience.
1st place winner – GEL 5000 gift card for a technology store;
2nd place winner – GEL 3,500 gift card for a technology store;
3rd place winner – GEL 2,000 gift card for a technology store;
10 best posters will be published on UN Georgia social media pages. Printed posters will be distributed and/or displayed at various human rights related campaigns/events of UN OHCHR in South Caucasus.
- The submitted poster must be high in resolution. Files should be sent in JPG and/or PDF formats and their size must not exceed 5 MB;
- All submissions must be made electronically via the following e-mail: Tamar.email@example.com
- Submission/e-mail should include:
- Name, age and contact number of the applicant; and
- Poster and the Article from UDHR the poster refers to.
Deadline for submissions is 20 November 2021.
For additional information about competition please contact:
Meri Makharashvili, UN OHCHR, 599 500 137